Friday, October 21, 2005

No really your Honor, I want more jail time.... if it's ok with you


Some guy in Oklahoma city recently asked for a longer prison sentence so that he could serve 33 years, the number that Larry Bird wore when he played for the Celtics.


The story goes that the guy was convicted of shooting with an intent to kill and robbery and sentenced to 30 years in jail, but wanted to add 3 more as a tribute to Bird.

This is an extreme sports fan who may have gone a bit too far. If I'm Larry Bird, I'm probably a bit weirded out by this, but glad that by the time this guy gets out I'd be 81, potentially dead, and definitely beyond normal stalking vitcim age parameters.

I think we're a wee bit too obsessed with celebrities and athletes. Ever since someone sold Britney Spears' gum on E-bay I've had this gut feeling.

Yes, Larry bird was a great basketball player and he was the great white hope even if he resented being defended by by white guys. However is your infatuation with him really worth 3 more years of your life? I kinds doubt it.

Now Brett Favre on the other hand would be someone worth honoring with jail time... thank God he's only number 4!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Mark Chmura should also be celebrated by a fourteen year sentence, the age he prefers his sexual parterns to be.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home